Sunday, May 1, 2011

Toddlers Only


We now officially have two toddlers at our house - no babies any more! Ryan turned one just less than a month ago, and he started walking two days later. We are in trouble... now he's walking everywhere! It is definitely bittersweet - I am excited to see them both grow into little people, but it's sad that they're outgrowing their baby-ness. We're only having these two, so I'm trying to soak in every minute!!



We had a great time just before Ryan's birthday, spending the weekend in Harrisonburg, VA visiting with Mark's sister and her family (and Nana) to celebrate Connor and Ryan's birthdays. We spent Saturday at an indoor water park and Sunday playing at an amazing playground near our hotel. The kids had a blast seeing one another, and the Easter Bunny paid us a visit and hid some eggs for the kids to find :)

Wednesday (April 27th) was Ryan's birthday, and I took the day off to celebrate with him. It was beautiful and sunny here, so we went to the zoo in the morning, had lunch out with Mark and came home to spend some Mommy/Ryan time, which was really nice. With how crazy things get around here, it's nice to have on-on-one time and remember how easy-going things can be with only one kid!

Lily helped make Ryan's smash cake and cupcakes for the rest of us :) Throughout the day, I kept thinking of where I was the year before and how lucky we are to have such amazing kids. I know I sound like a broken record, but I really do have to pinch myself some days to remind me that this is really my life - and there are other days where I want to pull my hair out, but I'll take the good with the bad :)



This past weekend, we took another trip to the zoo (loving the family membership!) and did the March of Dimes Walk on Sunday to support all the families out there who have not been as fortunate as we have been with our kids. It was a great turnout and definitely something we will do again in the future.


Congrats to my sister Lauren, who graduated from Nazareth College on Mother's Day. And to my brother Chris, who graduates this weekend from RPI in Albany. It's been a long road for both of them, and I know they're both relieved and excited to be moving on to the next step in their lives.

No comments: